My Crazy Broadcasting World

Yep, I'm a pretty busy girl.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Hanging with the Big Shots!

Last Thursday, I had the opportunity to head down to Pittsburgh and visit WTAE with my capstone class and some producing students. Sarah Bowers, who was a senior at Westminster when I was a freshman, works at the station (which is AWESOME), and she coordinated the tour for us. While I'm not sure if producing or directing are in my future, there are departments of news stations that I can definitely see myself working with.


We visited with Bob Longo, who is the News Director at WTAE. He is so knowledgeable about broadcasting, and it was interesting to hear his take on different topics dealing with the media.

Mike, Aidan, and I also visited with the Promotions department. They are super busy back there, but I'd love to become involved in something like that. My writing skills would definitely come in handy there. They do a lot of producing and editing, but they also write press releases and do all sorts of stuff that is right up my alley.

We met lots of cool people, too. Guy Junker, Wendy Bell, Michelle Wright...it was really awesome. It made me realize that I really do love being in a broadcasting environment. That's why my internship was so perfect...I was doing what I love, which is writing and PR, and I was surrounded by broadcasters. If I can find a job like that, I will be the happiest person on Earth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura K. said...

Hey! Haven't seen any emails yet...don't know if you sent it straight to the boss-man...but let me know if you're still interested! (my first and last name at hotmail.com works too!)

~L

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home