My Crazy Broadcasting World

Yep, I'm a pretty busy girl.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

My Mile Long To-Do List!

Well, graduation is quickly approaching. While I am very excited about moving on to the "real world," I am also terrified. I have so many things to do before I graduate. So, I present my official "to-do list" for the next two months.

1. SEND OUT RESUMES

I've actually sent out a couple of resumes already, but haven't heard anything back. I'm not really surprised about that, but it would be nice to actually score an interview one of these days. I really need to send out some more resumes, and be more aggressive in looking for job openings.

2. WORK ON SENIOR PROJECT

I've started my e-portfolio for radio news, but I really need to add some more airchecks to it, and maybe a news minute or two. I am creating two more; one for media relations with my press releases and ads from my internship, and one for the Holcad with my stories and examples of my layout. So I need to get cooking on those as well.

3. PREPARE CAPSTONE PRESENTATION

The presentation is in its very early stages right now, so I still have a long way to go. I have a little more than a month to complete it, but I need to work on it NOW. Procrastination is not going to work here.

4. SEND OUT E-MAILS

I've been in touch with my internship employers since I left in December, but I think it's about time I send them another e-mail or two updating them about my job search and what my plans are. I also want some advice from them on what I should be doing in my job search. As much as hearing it from my professors and the Career Center helps, I think it helps even more when you ask people who were in my exact position not long ago.

So, there you have it. That's a LOT of stuff. Add to that attempting to get a 4.0 this semester, completing numerous projects for other classes, working on several more Holcads, and still working at WKST, I have a lot on my plate. And I'm not going to lie, I'm going to breathe a sigh of relief when it's all over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home