My Crazy Broadcasting World

Yep, I'm a pretty busy girl.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Back to the Grind!

Well, it's the last semester of my senior year of college, which means that I have just a few short months until I'm officially in the real world.

My holiday break was supposed to consist of me sending my senior project to an outside professional to critique. I began working on an E-portfolio for radio news. But I wasn't happy with what I had completed, and I want this to be as professional looking as possible. I need more airchecks from both stations, and I wish I would have been more organized and not been so careless with saving my newscasts. I'm taking a news shift this semester and airchecking EVERY newscast.

And, since I really think PR and media relations is my cup of tea, I started a separate E-portfolio with my work from my internship. I'm going to send a copy of it to Todd Lepovsky, former media relations director for the Pittsburgh Penguins, and have him critique it.

Speaking of the internship, I'm finished with it and kind of going through withdrawal. I really do miss it. This is a picture of me working at the WPIAL High School Football Championships at Heinz Field over Thanksgiving break. I'm behind the table trying to get people to sign up for our e-mail service.


I didn't get a lot accomplished over break, other than working big time hours at WKST. I don't think I've ever worked so much over the holidays. I was already burnt out by the time the new year rolled around.

So, that is about it right now. I'm trying to perfect my senior project(s) so that I can get feedback on my best work. I'm looking forward to this final semester and the elusive job search!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home