My Crazy Broadcasting World

Yep, I'm a pretty busy girl.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Senior Project!

I'm feeling pretty old right now, as I feel like I just finished my senior project in high school! This one is a lot different, though, because it's a completely individual effort.

I don't have a lot of free time this semester, so I based my project around what I'm already doing. I've been working a lot at WKST, and I produce a lot of newscasts there, so I have plenty of opportunities to aircheck my newscasts. I haven't had the chance to aircheck any there yet, but I'll try to start that this Sunday.

I also do the Tuesday and Thursday noon newscasts on Titan Radio. I had one of my best newscasts EVER a couple of weeks ago, complete with breaking news about a car accident and lots of good sound. It was pre-recorded, so it's saved on a mini disc. I will probably use that one in my presentation.

Basically, what I am going to do is compare the real world of radio to college radio. Titan Radio's facilities are so new and updated that a lot of college students think it's going to be like that at all stations. That's definitely not the case. Not that I have anything against the WKST studios, but they are just a little bit older. I even want to snap a few photos just so people can see the contrasts between the two.

I also want to dissect both newscasts and compare and contrast them as well. I know that the process of crafting them is quite a bit different, and the listening audiences are MUCH different. I want to take a look at the listener demographics of each station and talk about why I report what I report. I think it will be interesting, and I'll definitely be thinking outside the box.

As far as a timeline goes, I'm pretty much just taking it day by day. I would like to have a solid airchecked newscast from WKST this weekend, and then I'll start listening to them and dissecting them, and go from there.

2 Comments:

Blogger OndÅ™ej Sloup said...

Hi, I like your blog. You have good ideas. If you'll have a minute, you can look on my blog too.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

LET'S DO SOME NEW AIR CHECKS with BC 3111 so you have those for your project!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home