My Crazy Broadcasting World

Yep, I'm a pretty busy girl.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Wow...what a week. 76 hours of hard labor for this girl. I am totally wiped out.

I worked from 3 am to 12 pm at WKST all week. Working on weekdays is especially challenging because I have to have 9 newscasts in by 6 am! Finding stories to fill them is pretty tough! Luckily, there was a lot of juicy Dr. Moonda stuff going on.

I also worked my usual Saturday and Sunday. Those days seem super easy compared to weekdays!

I made time to drive down to Pittsburgh and spend a day at FSN Pittsburgh, and the summer intern pretty much showed me the ropes of the job. The coolest thing was that there was a Pirates game going on at PNC Park while we were working...and when we were done, we got to walk down to the game (it's just a few blocks down the road) and sit in the FSN luxury suite and watch the game for a little while!

Today was actually my first day as the lone media relations intern. The supervisors took it easy on me, but I did get a lot of stuff done. A lot of what I did today was administrative work, but it was fun and it made the day fly by. Wednesday's going to be a busy day - it's NQA day (I have to send out a press release containing "Notes, Quotes, and Anecdotes" about the week's programming on FSN), I'm releasing the program listings, and I'm helping create ads for the Pittsburgh Penguins' IceTime programs.

I get to relax this week - Titan Radio is undergoing construction to put the new antenna up, so the summer staff is off. I am trying to put together the radio news schedule before the end of the week...I just have to wait for people to get back to me!

I guess that's about it for now. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home