My Crazy Broadcasting World

Yep, I'm a pretty busy girl.

Monday, August 14, 2006


My internship with FSN Pittsburgh begins in one week, and I just thought I'd share with the world the reasons why I am in love with this place. (I credit most of these to the "Who We Are" packet they gave me during my interview!)

  • They have exclusive coverage of 118 Pittsburgh Pirates games and 66 Pittsburgh Penguins games each season.
  • They televise press conferences, pre-game analysis, and in-depth coverage of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
  • They also cover college football and basketball, specifically featuring Pitt, WVU, Penn State, Duquesne, and Robert Morris
  • High school football is highlighted each week during the season with the telecasts of the McDonald's Game of the Week and WPIAL Championships
  • They have two programs completely dedicated to Pittsburgh sports:
    • Savran on Sportsbeat, featuring well-known Pittsburgh sports broadcaster Stan Savran, is televised every weekday at 6:30
    • Pittsburgh Sports Tonight, the region's only exclusive sports newscast, is televised nightly at 10:00
  • Well known national programming such as Beyond the Glory and the Best Damn Sports Show Period complement the regional packages on FSN Pittsburgh
  • FSN Pittsburgh has more than 2,000 hours of live sports programming!
And last, but certainly not least...

FSN Pittsburgh locally reaches more than 2.3 million homes - with an 85% cable and satellite penetration in the Pittsburgh DMA. That's the highest penetration of ANY top 25 market in the country!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

What will be your schedule?

2:48 PM  
Blogger Karli783 said...

Wow, I would absolutely love to have a summer internship with FSN Pittsburgh! How do I go about getting applications?

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home