My Crazy Broadcasting World

Yep, I'm a pretty busy girl.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Jobs? What are those?

Wow. Our blog assignment for this week really made me stop and think. In less than a year from now, I won't be in college anymore. That means I have to FIND A JOB.

Now, it's pretty well known that I already have a job in the field. I work for the Lawrence/Mercer County division of Forever Broadcasting, Inc as a radio news anchor/producer and board operator. While I do know that Forever is not in my long term future, a solid position in the company may be a good place for me to start off. They have job postings on the front page, as well as on the employment bulletin page. The reason why I have this as a potential job listing is that I know it's very, very difficult to land your dream job right away. You have to work your way up. I already have my foot in the door at Forever, so I would like to think it would be a little easier for me to move up there - possibly in sales, or some other position. I've been raking in the hours for them over the past couple of months, too.

I also looked around at Foxcareers.com. They list jobs for all of their media affiliates, including Fox Sports Net. I love my internship at FSN Pittsburgh, and landing a job with Fox Sports, whether it be in Pittsburgh or California, would be simply amazing. I'm open to pretty much anything, so working with the Fox Entertainment Group in ANY capacity would be fantastic. I get chills just thinking about it.

Like I've said, my long-term goal is to land a job with a professional sports team. The National Hockey League has job listings on its official website, which I think is awesome. I'll definitely bookmark that website.

As far as the paid websites go, I think they are helpful, but I would much rather search for free than pay. I agree with Liz in that meeting someone in person is a better tool than paying for a website subscription. Medialine.com seems like a very nice page and everything, but I'm all about the specifics; if I want a job somewhere, I'll go to THEIR website.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Great job with adding the links into the entry.

Where does FSN Pittsburgh post jobs beyond it's site?

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home