My Crazy Broadcasting World

Yep, I'm a pretty busy girl.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Oops...

So, I forgot to do what we were actually supposed to do for this week's blog. I wrote it down and everything...that's what I get for trying to function on 4 hours of sleep.

I read everyone else's reviews of another weblog, and they were all interesting. The blog that caught my eye the most was probably PixelWrangler. This is a news photographer who blogs about his experiences in the broadcasting world.

The first entry that I read was entitled "My First Time," and it's about covering tragic deaths. I'm an overly sensitive person, so I really don't think that I'd be able to handle that, but many news photographers are subject to that on a daily basis. I guess that's just another reason why I don't think I could be a news photographer.

I could imagine how difficult that would be to cover, but those who are 100 % dedicated to their jobs must make those kinds of sacrifices once in a while. How terrible it must have been for this guy to have witnessed a friend's death on the job! But he knew that it was his duty to cover the accident, and he did just that. To me, that shows a lot of guts.

I like the pics and sense of humor in the blog, too. It's an interesting read. Thanks to Liz and Stevi for introducing it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home