My Crazy Broadcasting World

Yep, I'm a pretty busy girl.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Capstone with Miss Cleo!

Capstone class was REALLY interesting on Thursday, because we all read each other's letters from the future, and I think it really helped us all to feel a little more secure about the respective directions we are going to take in the future. I can honestly see each member of the class achieving the goals they created for themselves in their letters.

As far as who I identified with the most, it's hard to say. There were bits and pieces of each letter that I could identify with, but mine seemed to differ from the others. I'm the only member of the class who wants to stay in Western PA, first of all. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. I know I may have to move away to start things out, but I most definitely want to work in Pittsburgh. And, just to confirm...if I am able to achieve my goals, I don't care who I marry! :)

DJ and Steve are both pursuing careers in the sports field, so I can identify with them there. Stevi's interested in PR, which is something I would love to pursue as well. The letter I probably identified with the most was Amy's, simply because we are both interested in writing in the future, and we both chose a specific area we want to cover (Me: Pittsburgh sports, Amy: politics). Although Kirstan and I are interested in completely different fields, we are both using our internships to craft plans for our futures.

Speaking of the internship, Friday was probably the most fun day I've had so far. I did have to turn down two third-row seats for Monday's Pirate game (boo, night class), but I got to sit at Jacqui's desk (she was gone for the day) and answer all of the phone calls and be a "big shot!" I also created three new ads for the Tribune-Review. If you look at the Sports section Thursday, Friday, and next Tuesday, you'll see them! Check out the FSN regional page, which I also updated Friday.

Anyway, I just want to wish my fellow capstoners the best of luck in pursuing their GOALS in this last year of college. It's going to be a wild ride!

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz Farry said...

Hey Leanne! I don't think it's a bad thing at all that you want to stay in western pa. You have already shown that you can find stuff you love to do and stuff that you can succeed in just in the area. There is plenty of opportunity for you! But I am sorry you had to pass up Pirate tickets. Of course, it's not like they were Mets ticket :p. Miss you!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home