My Crazy Broadcasting World

Yep, I'm a pretty busy girl.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

My disappearing blog

I swear that I blogged last week. I did. I just don't know where it went.

Never mind. I just realized that I hit "save as draft" instead of "publish post" and I found it. It's up for everyone to see now.

Anyway, this week we are supposed to blog about someone else's blog. As someone who spent four years as a broadcasting major and is starting to lean toward the public relations/marketing field, I chose Alana Schuring's blog. She had an internship doing media relations for the Pittsburgh Pirates, and it seemed very similar to the internship that I am doing now. I actually have had the chance to work with the Pirates, as well as the Penguins and the Steelers' media relations departments in my internship, and I have loved every second of it.

Reading through Alana's blog, I have realized that I'm kind of aiming toward the same goals that she was in her senior year, and one of those goals is networking. She had the chance to speak with various professionals in the media relations and marketing fields, and I am glad that I am getting the chance to do that with my internship. I actually got to meet an executive from Fox Sports New York yesterday, which was really cool. The best thing about it is that even though all of these people are serious professionals, they couldn't be more helpful.

Alana and I both worked with the MLB All-Star Game in Pittsburgh this past summer, too. She worked there because of her internship, and I got my internship because I worked there, so that's kind of funny, too.

I found one blog entry that was particularly interesting, in which she had lunch with the bosses from the Pirates and was able to touch base with them some time after her internship actually ended. I am really counting on keeping in touch with my bosses at FSN Pittsburgh, and I hope that it will help me in my extensive job search, which will begin sooner than I think!

I haven't had the chance to keep in touch with Alana since she graduated, so I am not quite sure what she's doing now. I will have to shoot her an e-mail and see if she was able to land a job in sports or entertainment marketing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Blogger is part of the Google empire and I know they had trouble keeping up with data uploading to Google Video last week. Perhaps you tried to update your blog when they were doing work on their system. Always review your blog after you update it and refresh the browser to make sure it's what you wanted.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home