My Crazy Broadcasting World

Yep, I'm a pretty busy girl.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Capstone presenations!

Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the capstone presentations of Chris, Kirstan, and Steve because of a little thing called night class. I was also sicker than a dog last week, so it's probably best that I didn't go. I would have been coughing and sneezing throughout the entire thing. My bosses at FSN MADE me leave Wednesday morning after only being there an hour because I was so sick.

Seriously, though, I am sure that the three of them did very well and I wish them the best of luck wherever they go.

I was able to attend all of the capstone presentations last year, though, and I got some ideas for mine as well. I would love to use the E-portfolio to keep things organized like Alana and Kirstan did. I have a lot of things to show, and I think that would be the best way to do it. I really need to begin working on that soon.

I want to play samples of my work, also. I have some audio clips of newscasts saved, and next semester I want to have at least one package to showcase. I've only done about three since I've been at WC, and I want to edit one digitally. I will have a lot of extra time (compared to this semester, at least), so I should be able to get one done.

I definitely plan on integrating the work I have done at my internship into my capstone presentation and talking about how it has changed my career goals and the next steps that I plan to take.

Speaking of the internship, I only have ten days left. I can't believe it's almost over. I get to work at Heinz Field Friday for the WPIAL football championships and promote FSN by having people sign up for our e-mail service and passing out t-shirts and hats. That should be a lot of fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

LeVe!! I am going through Pittsburgh sports withdrawl...so we need to plan our next game appearance. Since I'm hanging out with Noah Welch and Zach Duke this weekend, I'll just forward you my schedule :) Love ya!!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home