My Crazy Broadcasting World

Yep, I'm a pretty busy girl.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Skills are a good thing to have.

Our capstone assignment for this week is to list some skills that we have that would help us get a job OUTSIDE of broadcasting. Well, I hope to get a job outside of BC anyway, so this is a really good exercise for me.

Here are some of my qualities. I guess I have to turn off my humbleness for this.

  • I am creative. During my internship, I learned how to work with what I had (which was Microsoft Word and Power Point) to make ads and invitations that were eye-catching and appealing. I'm pretty good at designing things, and I can't wait to learn PhotoShop.
  • I am a good writer. I've taken several writing classes at WC (I think I took enough to add the writing minor) and I really enjoyed all of them. Writing is probably my biggest strength, actually. I am a spelling and grammar freak, so my writing is usually mistake-free.
  • I am a fast learner. It doesn't take me long to catch on to something that's totally new to me. I'm usually able to figure a lot of things out by myself, too.
  • I already have experience outside the major. Although I'm a broadcasting major, I have a lot of experience in other areas of communications. I write articles and I'm in charge of layout for the college newspaper, and I had an internship in media relations and marketing.
  • I am always willing to help. If someone asks me to do something for them, I will do it with no questions asked.
I'd say those are probably the most important attributes that will help me outside of broadcasting. I hope future job interviewers agree with me!

1 Comments:

Blogger B. Weaver said...

You're the perfect example of someone in capstone who is transfering skills/experience into areas outside the radio and television domain. You're a great example of why Amy L. shouldn't worry.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home