My Crazy Broadcasting World

Yep, I'm a pretty busy girl.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

To infinity...and beyond!

Okay, no more Toy Story references.

Our latest assignment was to e-mail ourselves in the future, as if it were actually five or ten years from now. We're supposed to update on our lives - what we're doing, where we are, etc. I used a pretty sweet website called FutureMe.org that actually sends you an e-mail in the future. So, in July of 2012, when I turn 27 years old, I'll be receiving an e-mail that looks something like this:

Dear FutureMe,
I hope that when I receive this e-mail I will be doing SOMETHING interesting. I do know that in five years, I will be out of school (obviously, since I have a semester left), 27 years old (I'm having this e-mail sent on my 27th birthday, to be exact). So, let's fast forward five years...

I am still living in Western Pennsylvania, but I'm not complaining too much. My family is still in New Castle, but I'm living in Pittsburgh and working in the city. I am working at a public relations firm in the city and I also work in the media relations department for the Pittsburgh Steelers. That's only a part-time job, and I just work on game days. But my other job is keeping me very busy, and I love it! I knew that PR would end up being my thing. It's writing, communications, creativity...everything I love all rolled into one.

I am not married, but I've been in a relationship for two years. After three years of talking and not actually seeing each other, he actually decided to ask me on a date. Our first date was at a Pittsburgh Penguins game (their new arena is absolutely amazing), and we have been together ever since.

I still hope to one day work for the Penguins. That's always been a dream of mine. But, for now, I'm just enjoying my other jobs and waiting for an opportunity to come around.

Sincerely,
Leanne

I hope that at least some of this e-mail comes true, but I'm not 100 percent sure what I want to happen in my life just yet. As much as I want to go into PR, I might find something else that suits me better. Maybe I'll end up doing something broadcasting-related, who knows? It's pretty crazy to think about, though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to end up in Pittsburgh too! Maybe if our future letters come true we can meet for lunch on our lunch breaks.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home